We are in sunny (80 degrees) Arizona!! Such happiness and bliss to leave the dreary, cold, snowy SLC airport this morning.
Shortly after we landed - we made our way to the rental car airport! (Seriously, you go from the actually airport to what seems to be a *RENTAL CAR AIRPORT! It was huge and the whole complex is full of people and cars. I've never seen anything like it! We originally reserved a small compact car (because it's cheaper of course). Robbie got to the front of the line and the clerk told him they didn't have any compact cars left* (Please refer to the RENTAL CAR AIRPORT remark - there were millions of cars, but they didn't have a compact car? Ahh, yeah right!) Anyway - so we were rewarded with a mini van. YAHOO! I don't mind it much, although our first thought was the increase gas price. We dealt with it and went on our way.
We successfully drove to our Hotel (which is absolutely beautiful, considered a Castle in comparison to the Motel 6 that I'm used to). While checking in, the clerk told us that our room hadn't been cleaned yet and wasn't ready for us. We didn't mind - we were already driving a MINI, what's another set back!!! The clerk did a little room searching and said, "We do have a Suite room available, would you like to upgrade for free?" Ah, duh, of course! The clerk started to describe a little about the "Suite"... separate living room, kitchenette, King size bed, JACUZZI! Robbie's expression was priceless. Here's a few pictures;
In-between Robbie's workshops and classes we went across the street to Cabela's. Just like the one in Utah County, but still fun to see -
Friday's Agenda
Robbie - Classes and Workshops
Shaylyn - Sleeping in, laying by the pool and whatever else sounds fun
We're gonna try and go to a movie sometime in-between Rob's schedule. And we've also got tickets to an Arizona Diamondbacks Baseball game. (They better be comparable to the Salt Lake Bees, Stingers, Wasps, whatever their name is this year!)
Saturday's Agenda
Robbie - Please refer to Friday
Shaylyn - Please refer to Friday (although, I might be crazy and switch up the order)
We plan to go to the Mesa Temple. And go to dinner with Robbie's cousin Erin and her husband Jim, that are living out here going to school!
P.S. - We (I) miss Brans like crazy! Although, it is nice to have a break!

4 comments:
That room looks super fly! I'm a little jealous. Enjoy the warmth!
P.S. Love the short, dark hair.
You SUCK! Seriously, why did I have to inherit the Weekes' luck for you? We'd be walking and staying in the broom closet- with all three kids! Enjoy it- we'll expect #2 in January!
I love Friday's agenda versus Saturday's agenda.
So fun! Its so nice to get a break from the wee ones every once in a while. Sounds like you guys had a fun filled vacation :)
Post a Comment