This weekend we went camping/boating with W&N and their beautiful children, my mom and Robbie's niece K~ and a few of her friends. We headed up to the Pineview area and were unsuccessful in finding a camp site. After W&N made special effort searching, were lucky enough to have access to N~'s parents cabin in Ogden Canyon. We pitched our tents in their lawn area and started our fun filled camping weekend.
Robbie has been working 12 hour days all week and at PCHS Football Camps. He wasn't able to join us at the "campsite" until late Friday night. He finally got to camp with boat in tow around midnight. With everyone else nicely tucked into their tents fast asleep and I woke up to help Rob back in the boat to the "much to small" area that we thought would work. After many backing attempts, we finally were successful in making the boat it. At this point, the propeller on the boat was about a foot away from the tent occupied by Grandma and K~. Since it was such a small space, Robbie needed to unhitch the truck so that it could be parked in a different position. He asked me to pull the truck forward in order to complete the above task. I jumped in the truck and instead of the big D on the dashboard... I picked the R. The boat jolted backward and into the occupied tent. The boat was just a few inches from smashing "still sound asleep" K~.
Thankfully, just a few minuted before the R (oversight) decision, Robbie positioned a rock behind the wheels of the boat trailer. I know that rock was just enough to keep K~ from being smashed.
The amazing part of it is... Just before bed, K~ volunteered to say the prayer. His prayer was very meaningful, thoughtful and loving prayer. And with a little help from Grandma, he asked that we can all stay safe. I know that K~ was blessed with safety that night. I'm so thankful that all eventually turned out well and that no one was harmed (other than a small rip in Grandma's tent).
This experience has taught me two important lessons...
1 - Not to help Robbie back in anything ever again... and
2 - That our Heavenly Father is aware of all things. Even a three year olds innocent, pure prayer.
Camping pictures coming soon...

3 comments:
Wow. What a story! I'm glad K is okay also, and I'm glad Heavenly Father was watching out or you all.
K is such a sweet little kid. I just love him. I can't believe that happened! There was definitely angels there with you! Thanks for the advice on my blog. I'll keep that in mind! :) Hope all is well!
Ohhh... my goodness! That is so scary. I am glad everything turned out well. I truly believe that there are always angels watching over us. Don't you love the power of prayer?
Post a Comment